Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
Experienced Orange County, FL attorney who puts your needs first
Orlando attracts millions of people from around the world to its world-class amusement parks like Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, nearby Walt Disney World Resort and many other resorts along the International Drive corridor in Orlando.
But there's more to Orlando than tourist attractions. Orlando has a thriving hi-tech center, a robust manufacturing industry and serves as home to the University of Central Florida and other educational institutions and businesses. The city has beautiful neighborhoods that provide a quality of life unmatched by many other places.
Unfortunately, accidents happen in Orlando. And when they do, injury victims need someone on their side with a comprehensive knowledge of Orlando's legal system. They need a legal professional who knows how to get results. That's why they call Orlando personal injury law firm of the Law Office of Scott M. Miller.
Why should I hire Orlando personal injury attorney Scott M. Miller?
Attorney Miller knows how to handle large, complicated court cases. He worked as a lawyer in Chicago for 5 years before moving to Florida and starting his own practice. He's also worked with clients on several high-profile cases featured on ABC's "Good Morning America" and CBS' "The Saturday Early Show."
Scott M. Miller is a member of the "Million Dollar Advocates Forum," an elite legal association reserved for lawyers who obtain a settlement or verdict for a client worth more than $1 million. These large awards and settlements enable injury victims to live their lives with dignity. They send a strong, clear message that negligent actions that cause injury or death will not be tolerated in Orlando.
As your Orlando lawyer, Scott M. Miller will aggressively investigate your accident and make sure your case receives the attention it rightfully deserves.
What types of cases does the Law Office of Scott M. Miller handle in Orlando?
Don't wait to take legal action. A delay could affect your ability to recover compensation for your accident. Contact us immediately for a free consultation. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 866-MILLER-5 today. That's (866) 645-5375 or (407) 869-9996 to schedule an appointment at our office, your home, your hospital room or wherever's convenient for you.
Orlando personal injury attorney with a strong track record of success
If you or a loved one suffers a personal injury, you may be looking at expensive medical treatment, a loss of wages, and costs associated with household expenses, to name a few "damages." You may be coping with pain and suffering, emotional distress and other non-monetary damages. That's why you your Orlando accident cries out for strong legal action. The longer you wait, the harder it often becomes to recover the money you rightfully deserve for your expenses and losses. Over time, evidence often disappears and people change their stories. The statute of limitations for filing a claim might even expire.
Some of the most common personal injury claims in Orlando we handle involve:
- Amusement park accidents - Greater Orlando boasts 5 of the 10 most visited theme parks in the world. Serious injuries that demand hospitalization and emergency medical treatment often occur at these resorts, which include:
- Walt Disney World
- Universal Resort Orlando
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Legoland Florida
- Hotel accidents - Orlando has the second largest number of hotel rooms in the country. Orlando hotel accidents can be extremely serious and complicated. Don't try to take on large hotel chains on your own. Contact us and get experienced legal advice.
- Swimming pool accidents - Knowing what to do after a swimming pool accident in Orlando can be overwhelming. We can deal directly with insurance companies on your behalf. We handle drowning accidents and other fatal swimming pool accidents.
- Shopping mall accidents - Orlando has some of the largest malls in the country, including The Florida Mall. Accidents in these large shopping facilities demand strong legal action. We can help.
- Airport accidents - Orlando International Airport handles flights from airlines around the world. Whether you've sustained an injury walking in the airport or on a flight that landed or took off from Orlando, call Scott M. Miller immediately. Attorney Miller wants to discuss your legal options with you.
- Slip and fall accidents - Amusement parks, hotels, shopping malls, restaurants and other public places can be very hazardous, especially if the floor or sidewalk is wet, has obstacles on it or is poorly maintained. Whatever the case, we can help.
- Negligent security accidents - Public places like amusement parks, shopping malls, hotels and airports should take precautions to protect people from assault, muggings and other physical attacks, including rape. This includes proper lighting, security and other safety measures. Failure to do so constitutes negligent security.
- Dog bites - Dog attacks and dog bites in Orlando happen far more often than many people might realize. Whether you or your child has been bitten by a pit bull or another breed, take your Orlando dog bite seriously. Contact us.
<Return to Top>
Orlando auto accident lawyer who knows how to take on insurance companies and win
Auto accidents in Orlando can be overwhelming. Whether you're dealing with a serious accident on I-4 or West Colonial Drive in Orlando, you need an experienced attorney on your side who will fight to protect your rights.
As your Orlando car accident law firm, we can help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve. The following are some of the types of car wrecks we typically see in Orange County, FL:
- Distracted drivers - Drivers who may be looking at something along the side of the road or eating while driving may cause a distracted driving accident. Many other types of distraction may factor into a crash. We will investigate.
- Drunk drivers - While DUI accidents have been on the decline for decades, there are still an alarming number of alcohol-related crashes every year in Orlando.
- Hit-and-run drivers - A hit-and-run accident can be frustrating, but you may be able to obtain compensation through your own insurance carrier.
- Rear-end crashes - Rear-end collisions often are the result of many of the factors listed on this page, from distractions to drinking and driving.
- Texting while driving accidents - Some studies have shown that texting while driving or surfing the internet on the phone while driving is more dangerous than drunk driving. Negligent drivers must be held accountable.
<Return to Top>
Orlando truck accident lawyer you can trust to put your best interests first
Accidents involving tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, delivery trucks and other commercial vehicles in Orlando can spiral into complicated cases. You're not just dealing with the truck driver that caused your accident. Truck accident investigations often involve trucking companies, insurance companies and the teams of lawyers working for them. Additionally, the trucking company and its insurance carrier typically will dispatch investigators to the scene of the accident, looking for ways to minimize liability.
You need to take aggressive action to protect your interests. Choose an Orlando truck accident law firm that can tackle your tractor-trailer accident, from Orlando International Airport to Fairview Shores, Florida's Turnpike to Spessard L. Holland East-West Expressway.
We know how to investigate trucking accidents, negotiate with insurance companies and win even the most complicated cases involving catastrophic injury and fatality. The following are some of the factors that may play a role in your accident:
- Truck drivers with bad driving records, such as moving violations or prior accidents.
- Trailers that were overloaded or improperly loaded, which may have caused the truck to lose control or jackknife.
- Drivers who make reckless choices, such as speeding or using drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers who fail to observe the federal Hours-of-Service rules and cause fatigued driving accidents.
<Return to Top>
Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer attorney focused on your personal needs
Orlando motorcycle accidents often cause serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash in Orlando, Attorney Scott M. Miller can work with you and help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Motorcycle accidents can be complicated. Sometimes, the driver that caused your motorcycle crash will deny any wrongdoing or blame you for causing the accident. Insurance companies may argue you were at least partly to blame, simply because you chose to ride a motorcycle. Unfortunately, many people think motorcycle riders are reckless. An insurance company may agree to take your case to trial with the hope that the jury will be made up of people who don't like those who ride. Scott M. Miller is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with the insurance company. He knows that while most cases settle, he prepares each case as if it will go before a judge and jury.
We know the truth is on your side. That's why we fight so hard for the rights of injured motorcyclists in Orlando. You didn't do anything wrong. Don't let insurance companies push you around.